History of College Park, GA
College Park was originally called Atlantic City, and it was founded in 1890 around the Atlanta and West Point Railroad. A year later, the locals incorporated it into a city called Manchester. The name College Park didn’t come about until 1896 when the city decided to establish itself as an educational center because it was the home of Cox College, a private women’s college, as well as the Georgia Military Academy, which is now Woodward Academy. Today, over 850 properties in College Park are on the National Register of Historic Places.